Subject: Re: Problems compiling current sources
To: None <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
From: Robert Kennedy <robert@Theory.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1996 23:09:15
>     Basically, it's a minor problem, but it was an annoying one.  If I
> try to compile a kernel with "options GENERIC", I get an error about an
> "undefined symbol _setconf referenced in text segment" during the final
> kernel linking.  Removing the GENERIC option fixes this problem.  I
> really am not sure what GENERIC does, but it seems like I can live
> without it (but I don't seem to have much of a choice).

I believe "options GENERIC" has to go hand in hand with what I think
I've heard called "generic swap". If your "config netbsd" line says
"config netbsd swap generic", you must have "options GENERIC",
otherwise you must not.

I beg forgiveness if my 1.1-based understanding of the situation reeks
of anachronism. It's possible this is all changed in -current, but I
doubt it.

	-- Robert Kennedy