Subject: RE: Processes Hanging in a Disk Wait
To: current-users@NetBSD.ORG <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1996 16:12:53
I've had my own filesystem deadlock on me before with every kernel I've =
compiled, but I haven't been able to duplicate the conditions.  It seems =
most likely to happen when two processes in different shells try to =
access the same directory (or directories related within one generation) =
at the same time, i.e., running a compile in one xterm and checking the =
status of the files in another.  My system is an i386 with a pair of =
SCSI drives.