Subject: Re: Processes Hanging in a Disk Wait
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1996 20:16:37
> Some time ago I know there was a problem with several ports with
> processes occassionally hanging in a disk-wait (in vflushbuf).  Does
> anyone know whether this problem was ever resolved?

I see it even to date on my NetBSD/sun3 system.  Mind you, the kernel
I'm running dates from mid-March, since I've been unable to get a sun3
source tree in buildable shape since then.  (And every time I try I
lose three or four days - it takes two days at best, and it usually
goes into the D-wait or everything-dumps-core failure modes at least a
couple of times before I get a full build....)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu