Subject: Processes Hanging in a Disk Wait
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1996 19:45:27
Hello,

Some time ago I know there was a problem with several ports with processes
occassionally hanging in a disk-wait (in vflushbuf). Does anyone know whether
this problem was ever resolved?

If the problem hasn't been resolved I can now reproduce the problem reliably so
if anyone has any bright ideas of things I might like to try to track this down
I will give them a whirl. (unfortunately I'm not really up to speed on how the
vnodes work and my 4.4 book doesn't arrive until next week)

Cheers

Rob Black

PS I am using the arm32 port. I don't think this is relevant though because I'm
sure this problem has been discussed with other ports (okay, so it could be an
spl bug...). If anyone can point me in the direction of any other ports known
to be affected I would be grateful.