Subject: Screen blanking
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/1996 07:24:34
(I don't think this message got through the first time...)
>Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 13:44:48 -0600
>To: current-users@NetBSD.ORG
>From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
>Subject: Screen blanking

OK, I've got only one more minor annoyance with the kernel now.  Ever since
the March sources (and up to May 25), whenever I boot the kernel I can see
it load the /netbsd file and then a few lines of devices before the screen
turns completely black.  Fortunately I have xdm in my rc.local file;
otherwise this would be a major problem rather than just an annoyance.  X
eventually shows up, and when I shutdown the computer the text screen
reappears with the last screen from boot time.

Any ideas?  I'm using the pccons driver, i386 architecture, and a mach32
video card.
Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown