Subject: Re: atapi driver for -current
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/1996 01:06:03
Thus spake Manuel Bouyer:

> Hello,
> I've updated the files at ftp://lix.polytechnique.fr/pub/manu. There
> is no functionnal changes, I've just updated the -current diffs, so that
> they can be applied to 1.2ALPHA. Also, note that the new 'official' site is
> now ftp://ftp.ensta.fr/pub/NetBSD/atapi/. The diffs at
> ftp://lix.polytechnique.fr/pub/manu are still up to date (and polytechnique.fr
> has a better link to the internet than ensta.fr), but I certenly will lose my
> acces to lix in 3 or 4 months, so I prefer give the two URL for
> now.

I've tried it but have been unable to mount anything.
I've tried two msdos cds, and one cd9660, which is unsupported apparently.

I could eject from the drive though. 8)

I toggled ATAPI_DEBUG and found that during bootup, there is a phase 1 check.
That fails, as there is no phase 1. It appears that the end result is a
atapi_exec_cmd failure.

My CDROM drive is a:
atapibus1 drive0: <GCD-R542B, , 1.40> cdrom, removeable.

Ron Roskens
--
A bore is someone who persists in holding his own views after we have
enlightened him with ours.