Subject: Re: Success building everything (sans kernel) into $DESTDIR!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/1996 00:09:54
On Wed, 05 Jun 1996 00:51:29 -0700  Greg Earle wrote:

> I've posted several messages recently concerning problems doing "make build"
> with DESTDIR set.  I'm happy to report that I was finally able to get it to
> work completely earlier today.

Congratulations.  Nice if we've got this working (almost!) at last.

Regarding the library problem with make depend, is the same problem
present for, say, libpcap?  From looking at the code any library
Makefile that includes bsd.lib.mk should have the same problem.

The solution might be to put the -nostdinc etc in CPPFLAGS instead of
CFLAGS, but it is a long time since I really had my mind wrapped
around /usr/share/mk/*.

Giles