Subject: Re: Clean up DST and TIMEZONE
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/1996 09:00:43
> I agree with Mike.  Comment out oui, remove, no.

I agree.

> When you remove things, it's awfully hard for people to find out about them.
> For example, in the SPARC port, rumor has it that "options BLINK" will cause
> the little green power LED to blink to let you know the system is still
> working.

Geez!  Why didn't anybody tell me? :-)  I just grepped BLINK in the source
and yes, it _is_ there.  I'll switch kernels immediately. :)

Maybe there should be one config file with all existing options?  I have
thought 'GENERIC' was the one, but it seems I was wrong.  When I compile
a kernel for a new machine, I start with 'GENERIC' by copying it under a
new name and editing the copy as I need.  If we had an 'ALLOPTIONS' file,
users' own config files could be based on that.

  -jm