Subject: Re: ahc problems
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/1996 14:25:33
>I can't help but wonder if this is somehow related to the "ultra" timing
>changes Justin checked into the FreeBSD version of the driver after the
>new NetBSD version was committed.

I don't think so.  I had this problem way back to the first version
that worked on my machine.

I was told that the new driver has tighter timing requirements.  Well,
if that's the case, they're too tight.  Using very expensive and very
good cables (thank goodness for 30 day return policies) I still get
this error with about the same frequency.

Rebooting helps, hitting reset helps, powering down helps.  It seems
to get confused just after or before probing my CDROM (nec 4xi or
something)

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!