Subject: Adaptec 2940 driver are still bugged
To: netbsd-current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dante Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/1996 21:52:15
I have installed NetBSD -current (960525) becouse I hoped it solved the
Adaptec 2040 driver bug, but it doesn't.

After a while (some minutes) the system hangs.
The hd-drive led turn off and no further access (run a prg) is possible.
The only solution is to hard-reboot the machine.

My system is configued as follows:

Main board "Freeway II" PRIDE with P100 Intel
AHA 2940 bios v1.16
3C509
ExpertColor S3-64V

I've to use this system as a web server for my company. This is the reason of
this buying.

Do you know about this problem?

I need an un*x fully working in a brief time otherwise I've to change un*x
(and I'm very sorry about it: all our PC and Amiga currently run NetBSD).

Please let me know if (and how) I can help you to track this behaviour.

Thanks in advance.