Subject: Re: halting in msdos filesystem
To: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1996 14:19:45
>Curiously, I can still mount a Windows 95 filesystem from my original 1.7GB
>hard drive, so this appears to be a function of either the files on each
>disk or the size of the partition.  Both drives are SCSI.  The Quantum drive
>has a 761MB DOS partition, with the following files in the root directory:

>The Micropolis drive (which I can't read) has a 2047MB DOS partition with
>these files in the root:

The problem is that the cluster size of this drive is larger than the
internal block size of the file system, which is either 8k or 16k.
There was some talk about moving it to 64k or something, but that
breaks MANY more things, like the vm code.

I'm not certain what is going to be done, yet.  A local filesystem
hack would ``work'' but it would be better to fix it for all
filesystems at once rather than one at a time.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!