Subject: newer version of faster i386 com driver available
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Onno van der Linden <onno@simplex.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1996 07:24:56
After Andrew Gillham reported a dial-in bug with the com driver found
at ftp.fwi.uva.nl I've been able to reproduce and fix it. The new
version also fixes a problem with dropping DTR on the wrong serial
line and slightly optimizes the handling of a modem status interrupt.

For those of you who haven't followed the discussion lately:
this driver enables you to get higher serial speeds on NetBSD/i386
without dropping characters. I'll mail something to tech-kern
later today about what to do for NetBSD/alpha because this driver
certainly won't work there as Chris has clearly demonstrated.

This driver is available as

ftp://ftp.fwi.uva.nl/pub/comp/NetBSD/fvdl/com-290596.tar.gz.

Onno