Subject: Re: PPP again
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1996 07:56:20
>I guess this is not a problem for people who run only one PPP because
>you can then put all the options in /etc/ppp/options - but if you want
>to run multiple PPP links, you need to use /etc/ppp/options.ttyname
>(which won't work unless you first log in via that tty and start pppd
>there).

Can you have an /etc/ppp/options *and* a /etc/ppp/options.ttyname?

I know it will also read the .ppprc out of the user account of the
person running pppd (that is on the client side).  Also, can't you
specify a filename on the pppd command line that contains all the
other options?

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.