Subject: Re: Travan tape backup
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Damian McGuckin <damianm@esi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/27/1996 17:19:45
On Sun, 26 May 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about these TEAC Travan tape backup units?
> They're getting pretty dirt cheap, and I could really use a tape
> backup.  I'd prefer something SCSI, but for the price, these are hard
> to pass up.
>
> Are these floppy based units?  Will they work with the NetBSD wt
> driver?

We just tried the Connor TST3200R-FBET Travan TR-4 which has a SCSI
interface.  On our diagnostic machine ( DOS ) with fancy test software
it has achieved over 500Kb/sec with blocksize of 32Kb.  Later this
week it will (hopefully) be tested on a SUN with SUNOS.  We have yet
to schedule further tests.

- Damian

Damian McGuckin			Pacific Engineering Systems International
damianm@esi.com.au		Ph:+61-2-99063377 ... Fx:+61-2-99063468
#include <std/disclaimer>