Subject: Re: wd.c driver, VESA support
To: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/27/1996 09:18:08
On Sun, 26 May 1996 08:51:06 -0700 (PDT)  Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Sat, 25 May 1996, Tom Trebisky wrote:
>
> > Absolutely true, and even if you are buying plug in controllers, a good
> > EIDE controller is in the $30-$50 range, and a good SCSI is in the $100-$200
> > range.  SCSI does have its advantages (multiple targets on one bus, DMA
>
> Actually, last I heard (and this was last year) the PCI NCR SCSI controller
> was going for about US$75.

You should be able to better than that now-a-days.  In Australia we can
get them for $AUS70, and "our" dollar price always seems about twice
the "American" dollar price for computer stuff, taking into account
exchange rates and that things are simply cheaper there anyway.  I'd be
surprised if you couldn't find one for $30-$50 in the States.

Simon.
--
Simon Burge						simonb@telstra.com.au
UNIX Support, CPR Project, Telstra.			+61 3 9634 3974