Subject: File (multiple) ownerships, access control lists
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/1996 19:06:07
Hi everybody,
	has anybody thought about adding a filesystem to NetBSD
which allows a greater degree of selectivity than permission bits.
I know that we allready have the capability of setting certain
flags (chflags etc. btw. what does 'opaque' mean?), but I'd like
to see the addition of permitting or denying access to a list of
users or groups or a combination of both, per object (file directory
etc.) and these being inherited/or not by the objects within.

Cheerio
	Andrew

PS, On a side note: This would enable me to at least get rid
    of our Novell server which keeps cracking up due to our
    very large bindery.
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"