Subject: Re: ps a -- date = 31Dec69
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/1996 09:12:04
On Sun, 26 May 1996, VaX#n8 wrote:

> 31Dec69 would put it just before the epoch, so maybe it's a negative number
> (0xFFFF....).

More likely it's zero, and you don't live in England (or, at this
time of year, somewhere in the Atlantic west of England :-)). PS
converts to local time before displaying the figure, which means
that in the western hemisphere the epoch is in the last few hours
of 1969, local time.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.