Subject: Re: sup?
To: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/1996 15:13:42
>   > : have to open a hole in it for sup in addition to my "socksifying" of
>   > : the sup client actually working.  Getting the diffs by mail would be
>   > : much nicer for me.
>
>   > I'm happy getting my FreeBSD sources this way.  My firewall marshall
>   > really wants to close down the sup hole we have in the firewall now,
>   > so I'd want to go the CTM way.
>
> Me too for precisely the same reason. Any chance of this happening?

I'll take a look at ctm and maybe put in this server, but in the
mean time, I'd like to point out that I've been offering diffs by ftp
since July 1995. So if you can use ftp through your fire-wall you
can allready get diffs (and if you can't you're firewall is a load
of &*%^). See ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/patch.

Cheerio
PS It can't be that difficult to write a script that automagically
gets the diffed files. If you've allready written one please send
me a copy.

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"