Subject: Re: Messages from new aic7xxx driver
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/1996 08:48:03
>malloc(M_NOWAIT) fails whenever free physical memory is not enough.
>FreeBSD should be similar to NetBSD in this point. But this situation
>is very rare in both systems, since paging system is always making
>effort to reserve some free physical memory.

Perhaps FreeBSD is more agressive in maintaining a free pool.  You
need slightly more than 2k free to allocate a new SCB.  I might
reduce the size of the SG list to help reduce this problem since
we currently can't send more than 64k at a time.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations