Subject: Re: Multi Processor Support?
To: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1996 15:01:51
On Mon, 20 May 1996, John C. Hayward wrote:

> Dear Current-Users,
>    Is there work on multi-processor support.  I am thinking about upgrading
> my motherboard and wondered if I should invest in a dual processor
> motherboard or not.  While this is a i386 particular question I wonder about
> support for other ports as well (like Alpha).

Though I'm not in a position to help with this at present, I'd like to
voice my support also. I'm looking at getting a PowerMac this fall, when
Apple comes out with the clone-reference PowerMacs. One thing Apple's
supporting (supposedly) is a multi-headed variant. :-)

So I'd like to encourage anyone who's working on MP support. If you build
it, we will come. :-)

Take care,

Bill