Subject: Re: Messages from new aic7xxx driver
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
From: Peter Dufault <dufault@hda>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/1996 09:13:21

> >On Sun, 19 May 1996 02:44:35 +0900
> > Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp> wrote:
> >
> > > Probably this problem should be fixed in MI SCSI level, not ahc driver
> > > level, as discussed in current-users. I think Charles or Jason is
> > > working to fix this. Not ?
> >
> >Well, Charles and I have both thought about it, but I'm not personally
> >actively working on it ... I have some other things much higher on my
> >TODO list...I don't know about charles...
>
> Peter Dufault and I have started work on this, but due to my move
> and the release cycle at work, I don't know when we'll finish.  The
> finished work should be usable by NetBSD as well.

Be careful about the wording, since I don't want to promise what we
later don't deliver, and started work sounds too substantial for
what we've done so far: we've started making notes about this.

The chances of me doing much more than putting down notes that we
can follow later are slim to vanishing before June 7.  It is worth
doing so that when someone does get the chance to work on this they
can get a few points they may overlook.

--

Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936