Subject: Re: How to prepare boot diskket for pcmcia
To: Sean Berry <spberry@iastate.edu>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1996 22:35:32
On Wed, 15 May 1996, Sean Berry wrote:

>  I went ahead and used the kcadp floppy to boot and setup the disk, then
>  copied the other kernel to a floppy from a working system.  I'd be glad to
>  pass along a kernel that the ATAPI patch guy (sorry, can't remember your
>  name) was nice enough to build for me with a 586, ps2 mouse, and atapi
>  patch.  (dunno that pcmcia was in there tho)  Anyone know about support for
>  PCMCIA 3COM 589b?  I'd be glad to hack and slash on it if I can ever get BSD
>  installed on this.  :)

	John Kohl's pcmcia distribution worked on my 3c589 (I think b)
	out of the box.. I use it to transfer files to my NetBSD/vax with
	the BNC connector & to hook up to the network at work with the
	UTP connector. Its been rock solid for me.
                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

  System Manager, Southern Studios, Box 59, London N22 1AR. +44 181 888 8949

  http://www.mono.org   ---<Monochrome>---   (** Largest UK Internet BBS **)
  http://www.netbsd.org  __/ Free Un*x on alpha,amiga,arm32,atari,hp300,i386
  http://www.openbsd.org   \ mac,mvme68k,pc532,pica,pmax,sparc,sun3,vax,x68k