Subject: Re: Backup
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1996 11:49:38
On Wed, 15 May 1996, Tom T. Thai wrote:

> am looking for an easy solution to backup and restore from DAT on
> NetBSD.  If all the drive died, what is a good bootup floppy to prepare
> to restore from tape?

I use cpio. After backing up, I verify using -tv and squirrel away the
file list that's created so that I can refer to it later to see if a
file I want is on a tape.

I don't have any special boot floppies; I just use the standard
install floppies. If something blows up, I just reinstall the base
kit. (Of course, I've got a half dozen machines here, so it's quite
fast for me to do a reinstall over the network.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.