Subject: libio and libiostrean
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wada, Tatsuaki <wada@ee.ibaraki.ac.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/1996 10:55:11
Dear NetBSD current users,

        I'd really like to know whether current g++ and associated libs do well
 with  the "iostream.h" related programs.

        Latest binaries of the snapshot from ~wormy do not contains iostream.h
( and so on) in /usr/include/g++/. I know why,
but I do not know:

        "Why are libio and libiostream comments out in gnu/lib/libg++ Makefile".

it's the same question John C. Hayward asked before.

        After moving from 1.1R to current with  Apr. 20 srcs ( it took over
2 days
with my SE/30),  trying to run a simple "hello world" program in c++  lead to
the following error.

        > g++ hello.cc
        > a.out
        > /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_tgetstr" in a.out:
                /usr/lib/libcurses.so.2.1

The same 'hello.cc' had ran when I build only the current sources in
/usr/src/gnu/ with1.1 release environment. It seems that It was
fine at lease before installing /usr/src/lib.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

--
Tatsuaki Wada
       Dept. Electrical and Electronic Engineering