Subject: Slow printing on netbsd
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy Nelson <jnelson@nelson.acronet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/11/1996 13:50:51
I am using lpd sources from december 11, and have noticed that when i print
something, it prints very slowly (it will print a line, and will wait about
ten seconds, then will print another line, etc, until the job is complete)
The reason this is very strange is because in previous times, I do remember
the same printer (A citizen 200 dot matrix) functioning at full speed on
netbsd.

However, to make sure that it was not a printer problem, i switched in
another printer (a canon bubbleject) and it exhibited the same slow-printing
behavior.  So it must be that i have either botched a configuration option,
or the version of lpd that i am using is confused or is confusing the printer.

I do appreciate any comments or suggestions anyone might be willing to offer
in my situation.

I have attached my printcap file.  I am using a 486, netbsd 1.1 sources
from the march 30th tarballs.

--- /etc/printcap ---
#       @(#)printcap    5.3 (Berkeley) 6/30/90

lp|local line printer:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd:
#       :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

Thanks.
Jeremy Nelson