Subject: Re: own daemon creation, how to use tcpmux
To: None <chammer@phyd2hammer.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/10/1996 07:52:25
> I want to try out some distributed computing and therefore need some
> information how to use tcpmux or how to create my own daemon.

I have sample standalone daemons - plus clients - for UDP and TCP, in
case anyone's interested.

ftp://collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu/mouse/{tcp,udp}-[cs].c, where tcp/udp
is of course the protocol in question and the [cs] is c for the client
program and s for the server program.  They're not designed for inetd
service; I haven't done the analogous inetd servers yet....

As for tcpmux, see RFC1078 for the protocol description; I don't know
anything about the NetBSD implementation, if any.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu