Subject: Re: sup?
To: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1996 16:52:13
On Sat, 4 May 1996 20:44:00 +0200 (MET DST)  Blaz Zupan wrote:

> Am I the only person crazy enough to sup the whole
> -current sources through a 14.4K modem link?
> How long did it take YOU to download them?

It is slightly easier if you find a mirror with tarballs.  At least
the Australian mirror generates these weekly, which means that you can
get the bulk of -current by ftp, and then keep up with sup.

Is there any interest in setting up CTM to deliver changes?  (CTM is a
tool Poul-Henning Kamp wrote as an alternative to sup.)  It generates
(very small) diffs which are suitable for mailing.

There is some documentation on www.freebsd.org.

I've been using it for a while to track the FreeBSD CVS tree and it
seems very reliable.

Giles