Subject: Re: ed device with bus.h failes to clear shared memory
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@ba2.so-net.or.jp>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/1996 00:50:02
enami tsugutomo wrote:

>    From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
>    Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 13:06:09 -0400 (EDT)
>
>    My current guess, is that it is related to the EISA code somehow, as the
>    machine that is not working is EISA, and the working one is ISA only.
>
> Yes, my AIR-486EI is EISA/VL/ISA motherboard (though currently it
> doesn't have EISA card).

Well, my "theory" was disproved.. :)  I have another EISA machine that
works fine.  I also booted a kernel with no EISA support, and just only
the very basic drivers, still fails.  My mainboard is a "Nice SuperEISA",
while the working one is a "Nice SuperISA" (with 3 EISA slots).
My generic ISA mainboard works also.  All 3 machines have the
'SMC Elite Ultra 16C' cards.
The troublesome machine looks like:
	486DX2/66
	32MB