Subject: Re: bitching about ciscos (and Dallas users conference)
To: None <woods@kuma.web.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1996 20:04:59
Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I have been told, first hand by a local Bay Networks CE, that tests in
> their lab showed a Wellfleet BLN could manage 11 route flaps per second
> with 80,000 route entries (running BGP) while at the same time keeping
> the available links saturated.  I suspect this was with only two
> Ethernet ports active on each end, but still it makes Cisco 7500's look
> damn silly.  They say the BLN can do this because it has a true
> multi-processor architecture, and that packet pushing is done separately
> from BGP processing.
>
> I've yet to see this work first-hand, mind you.

Does anyone have a pointer to more "concrete" information WRT the
cisco problem?  I am going to the cisco user conference in Dallas
next week, and would like to bring this up.  Say, are any other NetBSD'ers
going to be in Dallas next week?  If so, we should get together for
beer/pizza/beer...

-Andrew