Subject: Does libg++ have some problem?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wada, Tatsuaki <wada@ee.ibaraki.ac.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1996 10:18:17
Dear NetBSD current users,

        I have just moved from NetBSD[mac68k]-1.1  to current because I
want to use a latest gcc/g++ and so on. But I had the following error when
I ran the simple "hello world" program in c++. It was included "iostream.h"
of course.

        > g++ hello.cc
        > a.out
        > /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_tgetstr" in a.out:
                /usr/lib/libcurses.so.2.1

The same 'hello.cc' had ran when I build only current sources in
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc with1.1 release environment. It seems that It was
fine at lease before installing /usr/src/gnu/lib.

Could someone tell me what should I do?

        Some days ago John C. Hayward asked "Why are libio and libiostream
comments out in gnu/lib/libg++ Makefile".
It's related to my question but I didn't the answer to his question
at lease in this ML.
        As he said, I also really want to know that
   "Why libio and libiostream are commented out in gnu/lib/libg++?".

Best regards.

Wada
--
Tatsuaki Wada
       Dept. Electrical and Electronic Engineering