Subject: Re: NFS lossage from NetBSD to SunOS
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/1996 11:26:54
>I see similar problems.  Sometimes the X server on the NetBSD box starts
>to lose fonts, other times it'll be the shared libraries that start
>showing corruption and most everything dies.  A reboot normally fixes
>things, except for the odd time when the MMU gets stuck in some bad
>state and I have to do a low-level reset (PROM "k2" command or a power
>cycle).

Even between two NetBSD-1.1A machines, I see strange things like ls -l
complaining of ``file not found'' when listing a directory, files
randomly appearing and vanishing, etc...

Not a happy thing.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!