Subject: Why are libio and libiostream comments out in gnu/lib/libg++ Makefile
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/1996 17:08:49
Dear NetBSDers,
   I am attempting to compile a parser for SGML (Standard Generalize
Markup Langauge) which requires gcc 2.7.1 or later.  I upgraded to the
current src tarballs and had touble makeing the parser (sp-1.0.1).
   One problem was that it used libraries libio and libiostream.  For
some reason they were commented out in the Makfile in gnu/lib/libg++.
   It seemed it was possible to build these libraries by just removing the
comment.

   I'm still having trouble linking the whole thing together.  It complains
about having some undefined symbols even though the symbols the loader
complains about are in other libraries that are included.  I haven't double
checked the order yet.

   Is there a good reason why libio and libiostream are commented out in
gnu/lib/libg++?

   johnh...