Subject: Re: Has anyone found a way to implement quotas with MFS?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/1996 18:44:12
> But quotacheck seems to want an ffs... [...]  Has anyone come up with
> an elegant (or at least a working) way to have quotas on an mfs?

I doubt you'll get that.  But you should be able to get the functional
equivalent by using an rd ramdisk instead of mfs; those are, AFAIK,
real disk devices, capable of ffs, iso9660, msdos, etc - any filesystem
you can have on a real disk, you can have on an rd.

Of course, you have to newfs it yourself, instead of having mount_mfs
do that behind your back.  You could probably wrap this in a little
shellscript if you want....

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu