Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1996 10:22:56
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 16:36:45 -0400
> From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>

[ Should drivers define Debugger() when DDB not defined? ]

> i'd say that config should modified to be able to generate headers for
> certain options (or perhaps, one header for all options), to solve
> this...  Certainly, it's "not a good thing" to say that somebody
> _must_ recompile from scratch, always, after running 'config'...

I like "stubs" for these kinds of optional functions.
Take a look at sys/arch/sun3/sun3/stub.c - it just makes
some stub functions depending on what options are defined.
This is a lot cleaner than putting little stub functions
all over the place, like in every driver...

Many option changes work if just stub.o is removed.

Gordon