Subject: CD Writer Software
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@morningstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1996 03:32:54
While everyone is talking about CDROM formats:

Is there any CD writing software that runs on NetBSD? We are looking
around at CD Writers, but most of them only have software that runs on
Win95. Also, a couple of the places apparently said that this software
produces CDs that "aren't readable by Unix systems" (of course, they've
probably never even seen a Unix system, probably think its one that uses
bushings instead of bearings...).

I would also be interested in anyone's experiences with CD Writer
software running on other platforms, in terms of its ability to produce
CDs that can be read properly by *anything* (we previously had a CD cut
by an outside firm, and the finished product showed up with 8.3
filenames when mounted on HP-UX (although it worked fine on all the
other platforms we tried)).

Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic, but there seem to be some people
around who might have some answers...

Thanks

Laine