Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/1996 16:36:45
> > > In hanse-ml.netbsd.source-changes you write:
> > > Shouldn't a driver not have to bother with this?
> > Yes, the driver _should_ have to bother with this.
>
> What I meant is that a call to Debuggre() from a non DDB object file
> should probably automatically get converted into a panic("Attempted
> call to Debugger()").

I'd disagree with this...  there are legitimate uses of
Debugger()... when you're actually debugging things.  8-)

> The reason is mainly, that config(8) and the kernel Makefiles can't
> handle the dependencies of "options DDB."

i'd say that config should modified to be able to generate headers for
certain options (or perhaps, one header for all options), to solve
this...  Certainly, it's "not a good thing" to say that somebody
_must_ recompile from scratch, always, after running 'config'...

cgd