Subject: Re: doscmd vs. dos6.0?
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/1996 13:41:17
> Has anyone had any luck with doscmd?  All I have is DOS 6.0, and it seems
> to fail to run:
>
> Unknown interrupt 16 function 92

I had that too from trying to run 'keyb.com' in my autoexec.bat
after rem'ing it, it booted fine, the next thing was that it
is not enough to 'touch' a file for making 'C:' the file has
to be large enough (dd if=/dev/zero of=boot_file count=8192) too.

After that I discovered that 'hard boot_file 80 2 2' is not
large enough to load dos 6.0. so I used '200 4 8' and
booted, what isn't working now is that I can get a
D: (assign D: /usr/src) after loading 'instbsdi.exe' but
I can't 'dir' or do anything on D:... haven't solved that
yet, (I'll wait till a new current-copy) crops up on sipb
and use 'floppies' till then. It's a nuisance that it only
works with X though.

Cheerio

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"