Subject: Re: libkvm won't build, needs machine/kcore.h
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
From: bluen (Juergen PETER) <bluen@microsparc10b.ee.uni-sb.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1996 16:33:47
> last week, somebody mentioned that ps etc failed to work, and its because
> libkvm needed updating..  I'm trying to do this, but can't get it to
> compile - kvm.c includes <machine/kcore.h> but I don't have one!
>
> I have installed the new include files and makefiles, my gcc is of a last
> week vintage..  locate kcore.h gives me
>
> /usr/include/sys/kcore.h
> /usr/src/sys/arch/atari/include/kcore.h
> /usr/src/sys/arch/m68k/include/kcore.h
> /usr/src/sys/sys/kcore.h
>
>  I guess the first and last are the same ( <sys/kcore.h> is also included,
> successfully) and the other two are probably intended to be machine
> dependent versions..  alas, I run on a SPARC, and we don't have one.
>
>  please, what am I missing?

Some of the ports still use libkvm.old (that means, it is still called
libkvm when installed, but the source resides in
/usr/src/lib/libkvm.old).

I'm not sure about the sparc port, but you might want to take a look
at /usr/src/lib/Makefile whether it is intended on that port to use
libkvm.old. You did cd to /usr/src/lib/libkvm directly? Otherwise its
really a problem of the sources an not your fault.

I had to learn that myself this way on port-i386. (I only wanted to
build ps et al, had to compile libkvm and cd'd to
/usr/src/lib/libkvm). After checking /usr/src/lib/Makefile I realized
that I had to go to /usr/src/lib/likvm.old.

Greetings,

bluen
--
Juergen Peter (bluen@ee.uni-sb.de)| PGP encrypted mail is welcome.