Subject: Re: easy ways to crash your NetBSD system
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1996 08:45:53
[ On Thu, April 11, 1996 at 14:42:21 (-0400), der Mouse wrote: ]
> Subject: Re:  easy ways to crash your NetBSD system
>
> Yes, that's exactly why SV exists: so that people who want a solid
> commercial system with commercial support, but don't care about the
> nice warm BSD hacker-friendly fuzzies, can have it.
>
> To me, the latter is much more important than the former...which is why
> I'm running NetBSD instead of SV.

I should hope that it will someday be possible to have nice warm
hacker-friendly fuzzies from a rock-solid operating system that would
also be quite suitable for mission critical applications.

That's why I am working with NetBSD.

(Note that I intentionally left "BSD" out of the above....)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>