Subject: Re: seemingly dismal performance of NetBSD-1.1A/sun3 file I/O....
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1996 13:47:42
> Look in bsd.port.mk.  Why specify the same location in every Makefile?

Since I don't run freebsd, I didn't have bsd.port.mk handy.  Having just
picked up a copy and read it, and having learned where ftp.freebsd.org keeps
what sure-enough appears to be a complete set of archival tar files, I have
to apologize for my earlier remark.  The storage mechanism isn't transparently
obvious, but given the assumed software base (a FreeBSD installation) it
adequately answers my complaint about invalidated references.