Subject: Re: mail + more + xterm
To: current-users@NetBSD.ORG, John M Vinopal <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1996 18:19:00
At 01:42 am 4/11/96 -0700, you wrote:

>On i386 with an xterm, hitting ^Z while mail is in the pager (more)
>causes it to suspend but fail to set echo and echoe on the tty.  I
>can't reproduce this with (more) alone.
>
>An older copy of mush doesn't do this (several months old).  I don't
>have an older copy of mail to try this out with.  Whats the deal?
>Can anyone else see this?  Just look at a long mail message, and
>type ^Z.
>
>-j

I've seen this happen intermittently using man with less as my pager.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to determine the conditions in which it
happens; I can't duplicate the problem.
Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown