Subject: Re: easy ways to crash your NetBSD system
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1996 14:42:21
>> Personally, making sure all the panics are really can't-happens
>> rather than recovery-is-more-than-I-feel-like-writing-now is pretty
>> low on my priority list.

> Well, I guess that's why UNIX System V exists....

> 4.4 might be greater than 5.4 in some respects, but in terms of rock
> solid commercial applicability, 5.4 seems to still have a head start
> on our more accessible systems.

Yes, that's exactly why SV exists: so that people who want a solid
commercial system with commercial support, but don't care about the
nice warm BSD hacker-friendly fuzzies, can have it.

To me, the latter is much more important than the former...which is why
I'm running NetBSD instead of SV.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu