Subject: Re: seemingly dismal performance of NetBSD-1.1A/sun3 file I/O....
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1996 07:42:35
Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com said:

>I could make a binary ftp-able if enough people were interested.
>Otherwise, archie tells me:

I ended up ftping it from ftp.weird.com. (Greg Woods)

I went through the archie exercise yesterday.

>    Location: /mirror3/freebsd/2.1.0-RELEASE/ports/benchmarks
>      DIRECTORY drwxr-xr-x        512  Dec 15 11:48  bonnie
>    Location: /mirror3/freebsd/FreeBSD-CVS/ports/benchmarks
>      DIRECTORY drwxr-xr-x        512  Dec 12 11:28  bonnie
>    Location: /mirror3/freebsd/FreeBSD-current/ports/benchmarks
>      DIRECTORY drwxr-xr-x        512  Dec 11 11:41  bonnie

The freebsd ftp sites seem to just have patch files and edited make
files in the ports directories.  And no pointers to the original
source.

Some of the other sites that archie found weren't open for business.

--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com