Subject: Re: More stuck in D state woes
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@helios.mn.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1996 08:28:42
On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Rob Healey wrote:

> 	The problem with processes being stuck in D state, probably due
> 	to NFS directory reading, appeared sometime between March 26th and
> 	April 7th sup tree as my March 26th kernel doesn't do the evil
> 	deed but my April 7th kernel does it in spades... B^(.

my April 6 kernel went whacko with the dead processes (but I can't see if
they are in the D state, because ps doesn't work), but it was happening
intermittently (*very* intermittently, I had uptimes of over a month) with
my Dec 11 kernel too..

oh, and I don't have any NFS code in my kernel..

]ain  (sparc)