To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1996 13:32:56
Ron Roskens <roskens@cs.umn.edu> asked:
> Anyone else tried to read through the mailing list archives lately?
>
> They all contain one piece of mail instead of the "normal" amount.
> As far as I can tell this occured for _all_ mailing lists and it
> happened sometime during Mar 4-6.
>
> From what I can tell after the first piece of mail, all messages
> contain a space before "from" on the first line of the new mail message.

I'm pretty sure this is a manifestation of a bug in sendmail version
8.7.4.  My own mailing list archives broke in exactly the same way
when I upgraded (downgraded?) to 8.7.4.  This bug is fixed in version
8.7.5; indeed, that is the only difference between 8.7.4 and 8.7.5.

I hope whoever fixes this problem by upgrading sendmail on the archive
server will also go through the trouble of removing the extra space
from the "From " lines of those messages that have already been
archived incorrectly.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson@araneus.fi