Subject: Re: easy ways to crash your NetBSD system
To: None <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1996 12:30:38
> From kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil Sun Apr  7 12:23:43 1996
> To: bwalker@musings.com (Brad Walker)
> cc: current-users@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: easy ways to crash your NetBSD system
> Date: Sun, 07 Apr 1996 15:22:54 -0400
> From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
>
> >As for file system errors, there are places where one could logically
> >roll back from the error and not panic the system.
>
> I'd think you'd need something like a log-structured file system to do this
> effectively.
>
> --Ken

nope...

there are several companies in the valley that are working on this.
though I'm not at liberty to say who or what projects. and i'm not
a filesystems person. but, from what i've seen (looking at the filesystem
code) it could be done. though, the places are limited where this would
work.

-brad w.