Subject: Re: Dump unix mail file to sendmail?
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/1996 13:34:01
On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, VaX#n8 wrote:

> We've got a remote machine that dials in and connects for a few hours
> every day.  We got fed up with the sendmail messages (4 hours undelivered)
> as we spooled mail for that system, so we gave up and spool it to a file.
> Now the remote system can use POP or FTP or whatever to grab the file, but
> we'd still like the local mail delivery agent (sendmail, right?) to process
> it so that .forward files work.
>
> We asked on a few Usenoise groups & didn't get any help.
>
> Does anyone have a script for this laying around?  Someone _has_ to
> have done this before.
>
> PS: we know that we could lengthen the warning, but it's not easy to do
> it on a per-machine basis.

procmail should be able to do what you want.
----------------------
A recent version can be picked up at various comp.sources.misc archives.
The latest version can be obtained from your friendly neighbour mirror
site:

        ftp://ftp.aist-nara.ac.jp/pub/misc/mail/filters/procmail
        ftp://ftp.net.ohio-state.edu/pub/networking/mail/procmail
        ftp://ftp.psg.com/pub/unix/procmail
        ftp://hub.ucsb.edu/pub/mail             (hand updated)
        ftp://ftp.tamu.edu/pub/Unix/Mail        (hand updated)

Or directly as:

ftp://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/packages/procmail/procmail.tar.gz

Eduardo