Subject: 2940 controllers integrated on the motherboard
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@morningstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/1996 21:23:37
I saw some discussion a couple weeks ago about problems someone was
having with a 2940-ish SCSI controller that was integrated on a Pentium
motherboard (I believe the problem was that it used a PCI-PCI bridge,
but don't remember for sure). Was this problem ever resolved? Has anyone
had successful experiences with these boards? If so, could you provide
details about models and suppliers? Also, what about integrated
fast-wide SCSI.

I'm not interested in the NCR by the way, only the 2940 compatible ones.

Please respond to me by personal email even if you also respond to the
list - I have all the netbsd mailing lists channelled into our
(short-memoried) news server, and sometimes don't get time to read news
until important messages have already been lost in the roll-over.

Thanks

Laine Stump
Ascend Communications
(previously Morning Star Technologies)