Subject: Re: Dump unix mail file to sendmail?
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1996 07:57:36
> We've got a remote machine that dials in and connects for a few hours
> every day.  We got fed up with the sendmail messages (4 hours undelivered)
> as we spooled mail for that system, so we gave up and spool it to a file.
> Now the remote system can use POP or FTP or whatever to grab the file, but
> we'd still like the local mail delivery agent (sendmail, right?) to process
> it so that .forward files work.

Hmm.  Have you considered spooling their mail via UUCP, and having them do
uucp-over-tcp to pick it up?  With care, sendmail can completely paper over
the primitive transport so that as long as no one looks at the Received: lines,
they need not know that uucp was involved.

That also makes it easier to receive compressed netnews, too :-).