Subject: Re: buslogic/adaptec conflicts
To: John Dyson <dyson@freefall.freebsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1996 16:44:07
According to John Dyson:

>It will be very interesting to see an MI scheme be as high in performance
>as "existing" schemes.  When NetBSD includes its "MI" scheme, it will be
>reviewed by the FreeBSD team, and if it is good enough, WILL be included
>in FreeBSD. :-).  It appears that bounce buffers on X86 archs are becoming
>less interesting over time now, mostly needed by legacy machines.

Hmmm I may be about to put my foot in my mount (nothing new here ;-)
but I don't know of too many PCI sound cards.  So I think that we will
need the bounce buffers for some things.  From a personal perspective
I still have a Wangtek 5150 QIC drive that uses a ISA controller.

With the way memory prices are going I would much prefer to buy more
memory than update my sound card and tape drive :-)

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.